Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Dick Without a Pair

Dick Durbin needs to (as the Spanish say) find his cajones. These are not the words of a man, much less a sorry man:

Some may believe my remarks crossed the line. To them I extend my heartfelt apologies. There’s usually a quote by Abraham Lincoln that you can turn to in moments like this. Maybe this is the right one. Lincoln said “If the end brings me out right what is set against me won’t amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong ten thousand angels swarming at his right won’t make any difference.” In the end I don’t want anything in my public career to detract from my love of this country, my respect for those who serve it, and this great Senate. I offer my apologies for those who were offended by my words. I promise you that I will continue to speak out on the issues I think are important to the people of Illinois and to the Nation. Mr.President I yield to the floor.
They are the words of a spineless weenie who is not sorry and is only apologizing because he feels he has to. Again, I don’t care what Dick said, I don’t care if he apologizes, but I had much greater respect for him when he was digging in his heels and refusing to apologize. At least he was standing up for his true warped feelings.

I feel like Don Corleone slapping Johhny Fontane around. “You can act like a man! What's the matter with you? Is this how you turned out? A Hollywood fannuchio that cries like a woman.”

No comments: