Monday, June 20, 2005

Dick Apologizes (Sort of)

I tried to stay away from this, because I really could not care less about what Dick Durbin thinks. In all honesty, I don’t even think he should resign. That is between him and the good voters of the state of Illinois. But then came his apology:


“My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this administration, which add to the risk our soldiers face. I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: Our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration, and total support.”
Note that he is not sorry for his statements, he doesn’t even regret them. He regrets that simplistic stupid Christian rednecks do not understand his complex emotions.

Is it just me or is the line that separates the thoughts and words of American liberals and the propagandist lies of Al-Jazeera slowly blurring.

Of course the real irony here is that Dick slurs same soldiers that protect his ability to freely emit his delusions.

No comments: