Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Media Ain't Got No Manhood Left

This is a bit of old news, but I gotta speak up:

Marine Lieutenant General and outstanding American citizen James Mattis, recently made comments at a San Diego forum that has the military-hating, US-bashing, self-righteous American left media’s panties in a wad.

He said, “Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. . . . It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil," he added. "You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Having been a soldier myself, let me explain how the military works. An Infantryman’s, and in particular a Marine’s job is to kill people and break things. General Patton said it best, "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." Or at least that’s how George C. Scott played it.

Apparently some of the left of the US would prefer a kinder more sensitive military. Even the Russians got it figured out:


What do liberals think Marines are doing in Iraq, handing out condoms to AIDS patients? Would liberals rather General Mattis had said, "I hate to fight. I think war is much too bloody. I think we should stay home and polish our nails and listen to show tunes."

Somehow, I think liberals would.

Liberals, especially young liberals seem to forget that war is a very nasty thing. It is not a panty raid on a women’s dormitory at a local college or a beer chugging contest at an off campus bar. In battle, the enemy has one thing in mind, he wants to kill. War is a contest of kill, or be killed and it is not nice.
Thank you again to the American media for aiding and abetting the enemy.

Get out of your coffee houses. Turn off Oprah. Wake up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was totally with you up until the hit on Oprah. That hurt! Oprah is a logical woman, I think she would agree with your message if you would give her a chance.