Saturday, December 11, 2004

Left Wing Media "Outs" the Right

Good news for freethinkers everywhere – Liberal mouthpiece Bill Moyers is retiring, but wants to make sure to warn us about that irritating Conservative press the media keeps telling us about. For the record, Billy boy served under Kennedy and was a “special assistant” to LBJ. So Moyie likening himself to any inkling of independent bipartisanship is much like Michael Moore claiming he doesn’t Super Size.

"I'm going out telling the story that I think is the biggest story of our time: how the right-wing media has become a partisan propaganda arm of the Republican National Committee," says Bill Moyers. [Ed note: Right-wing media... Right. They live up in the North Pole and hide eggs on Easter.]

"We have an ideological press that's interested in the election of Republicans, and a mainstream [read "liberal"] press that's interested in the bottom line [i.e., like electing liberals"]. Therefore, we don't have a vigilant, independent press whose interest is the American people. [Holy smokes he got one thing right. That´s been happening for decades. But it sounds like someone is a little narked that they no longer have a monopoly on such things.]

"I'd be doing this if the Democrats were in power. It's not that I'm a liberal, it really isn't. [Translation: Actually, it is because I am a liberal, but I’m hoping that you’re too young to remember that I used to be the Democrat’s version of Karl Rove.] It's the fact that I'm doing journalism that isn't determined by the establishment." [Old mainstream media strategy: Never admit you are a liberal. New mainstream media strategy: Admit you are a liberal, but deny that it reflects in your perverted social views.]

And to think he said that with a straight face. Move to Canada or get some counseling. It´s liberal chic.

1 comment:

Matthias said...

Wow another comment. This time by someone who dares to use their real name. You like me! You really like me!